Academic Staff Recruitment
Department of Physics of Middle East Technical University (METU) invites applications for faculty positions(1, 2) at all levels. Applicants are expected to have postdoctoral experience, a solid research background with a strong publication record in one of the prioritized areas of the department:
- Mathematical Physics and Cosmology
- Nuclear Physics
- Particle Physics
- Plasma Physics
- Quantum Information
Applications of exceptionally qualified candidates in other fields that may strongly interact with our department’s research programs are also welcome.
Members of the department are expected to pursue a vigorous research program, attract external research funding, and contribute strongly to the department's teaching program both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. A proven record of good command of written and spoken English is also required as this is the medium of instruction in all METU programs. Interested candidates are invited to submit an application package including a CV, publication list, outline of current and future research interests addressing, in particular, how it may integrate to our department's research efforts in the related field and/or what innovations it could bring to our programs, teaching philosophy, and name and address of two referees, who may provide a detailed assessment of the candidate’s academic achievements, through the department’s application site indicated below.
(1) Offer of position is subject to the sanction of the relevant government agency.
(2) Applicants who are not citizens of Turkey may visit this link for detailed information on hiring procedures.
30 April 2018
For all queries please use this e-mail address.
Only applications submitted through by this web form will be processed.
E-mail submissions will be ignored.
Application deadline passed.
Form submission has been closed
For recommenders, please scroll down to upload your recommendation letter.
Application and Upload Form
For the Applicant
- All fields have to be filled.
- Your application form (i.e single PDF file that you will upload) should contain the followings:
- The most recent CV
- A publication list
- Outline of current and future research interests, teaching philosophy
- Please make sure that you supply valid e-mail addresses for both yourself and recommenders.
- All e-mail addresses will receive a confirmation e-mail from the board.
Therefore, please double check them before you click the submit button.
- Please include country code in the phone number.
For the Recommender
- All fields have to be filled.
- Please don't put your regular e-mail address but just use the one printed in the message you received.
- Reference letter should preferably be written on an institution letter head page and saved-as PDF.
You don't need to physically sign and scan the file.
If you have appropriate tool you could instead PDF-sign it.
- Make sure that you fill all fields.
- If some text fields produce errors you may then use corresponding Latin characters.
- All three e-mail addresses have to be different (if not fields will be colored in red)
- Make sure that you enter a correct capthca code (five alphanumeric characters from the image)
- The file that will be uploaded should be in PDF format and it should be less than 10 Mbyte in size.
- If all above is done accordingly, then please click once to Apply
- Those fields containing not valid data (including empty fields) will be shown in orange color.
- Do you see any field in this color after you click to Apply?
If you are sure that you data is correct then please take a snapshot of the screen and send it to the board.
If you cannot take a picture then e-mail exactly what you've entered to these orange colored fields.
- If you then correct these orange colored fields before a subsequent submission, you have to re-enter two fields:
- Choose the PDF file again.
- Type new captcha code