High Energy Physics Experiment
Experimental high energy physics research and CERN collaborations initiated by Perihan Tolun at our department in 1966.
Particles are tracked using emulsion technique
in our high energy lab from 1970s to 1990s.
A Brief History of High Energy Physics Resarch at METU
- 1966-1970 Magnetic Moment of Lambda Hyperon
- 1976-1980 Investigations of Charm particles with WBB neutrino beam (WA17)
- 1987-1991 UA8 experiment (Diffraction)
- 1991-1997 Charm II (WA75), CHORUS (WA95)
- 1996-Present LHC CMS Experiment
- 2000-Present OPERA
- 2004-Present TEXONO
- 2011-Present AMS
- 2012-Present BELLE2/BELLE (KEK) (also participating in JENNIFER project , an MSCA-RISE project funded by European Union under grant n.644294)
Faculty Members Of Our Group